Here is where we can find an unspoiled spot in Costa Rica where we have the in-touched Cloud Forest. This amazing ecosystem is endangered all around the world. But at San Gerardo de Dota, Chirripo, La Amistad International Park, Los Quetzales Reserve and many other protected land of Costa Rica near the area protect this amazing forest.
A cloud forest is a tropical rain forest in the clouds. It is a
highland forest characterized by nearly 100% humidity throughout the year. Clouds are constantly drifting through the valleys and treetops. The forest gathers water through the accumulation of water vapors on the floor and in the aerial plants. The foliage harbors a wide diversity of epiphytes. Tree trunks are almost always covered with mosses, bromeliads, ferns, lichens and other plants. Intact cloud forests play an extremely important role in the hydrology of certain regions of the planet; they capture, store, and filter water that feeds into local communities and large rivers hundreds of miles away.
In addition to this amazing water provider and filter its home to the famous Resplendent Quetzal considered as one of the most gorgeous birds in the new world and which inhabit San Gerardo year round.
This is why I can certainly agree and confirm that Trogon Lodge is located on a very special area of Costa Rica.
- amazing gardens
- a local and international cuisine restaurant
- trout ponds
- is part of Los Santos Forest Reserve where you can spot 175 different species of birds including the Resplendent Quetzal
- the lodge has 3 different trails on the property to do guided walks
- the Savegre River runs through the property of the hotel
- Standard and Standard Superior Rooms. Each cabin offers heating, private bathroom and views of the forest or savegre river.
Its the perfect location for families with kids and teenagers who can do and understand the guided walks, learn about the amazing ecosystem, observe birds, enjoy the fishing experience, do the canopy and horseback riding tours.