Now a days kids are filled with pressure, and can be pretty intense. School, homework, sports and/or other extra curricular activities fill the week. We all can feel like there is no time left to fit anything else in. There has to be. Our younger kids and teenagers need wilderness and adventure in their lives and who better to model it to them than us, their parents. Wilderness and adventure will help develop them into well-rounded young adults.
1. Kids need the freedom to learn what life is like without a schedule.
2. Kids of all ages need a connection to nature.
3. Kids need time to kick back and relax.Provide them with boredom. Make them figure out how to entertain themselves when they are in a wilderness setting. When they have nothing more than nature their imagination start exploring and to imagine. After a while you will
see your kids building rock structures or just let them kick back in the hammock. That's it. Nothing exciting, but so good for them.
4. Kids need to figure out how to exist without technology.Seriously, I cannot even begin to list all of the things that suck up our kids’ time when they are at home from ipads, video games or TV. And with older kids there is the computer they need for their schoolwork and research, texting, social
media and on and on. Take them to places where there is no cell service at all. I am totally serious. If they have phones, they will learn to take photos of their adventures and the beauty around them since nothing else will work on those devices they cannot let go of. They will probably gain a real appreciation for nature. Show them that not only can they survive without technology, but they can thrive and love the time away.
5. Kids must be taught the importance of conservation.
Nature will feed the soul of the young generations.
In Costa Rica will help you achieve the 5 points mentioned. Its a country where nature will open their eyes, the adventure will make it a unique rich experience and will help them see the world in a total different way.
Costa Rica is the best fit!
Contact us and we will program your upcoming family trip.